Veneers are thin, custom-made shells crafted of tooth-coloured materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth. Veneers look like natural teeth; they are an option for correcting stained, chipped, misaligned, uneven spaced, irregularly shaped or crooked teeth. Book a consultation with Dr Carolyn Langrell-Read to find out more.
Why Choose Veneers
Veneers can be used to correct a range of dental issues such as:
- Chipped or worn teeth
- Crooked or mishap teeth
- Uneven or large gaps between teeth
Improve Your Smile With Dental Veneers
- Unlike a crown, which cover the entire tooth surface, a veneer is a thin covering placed over the front, visible part of the tooth.
- These veneer coverings are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length.
- At your initial consultation, your Dr Carolyn Langrell-Read will discuss your needs and evaluate whether veneers will help you achieve the result you want.
- To prepare a tooth for a veneer, Carolyn will remove about 1/2 millimeter of enamel from the tooth surface, which is an amount nearly equal to the thickness of the veneer to be added to the tooth surface.
- Next, Carolyn will make a model or impression of your tooth. This model is used to construct your veneer. It usually takes 2-4 weeks for your dentist to receive the veneers back from the laboratory.
- Before the dental veneer is permanently cemented to your tooth, Carolyn will temporarily place it on your tooth to examine its fit and colour. The veneer may need minor adjustments at this stage to achieve the proper fit.
- Next, to prepare your tooth to receive the veneer, your tooth will be cleaned, polished, and etched — which roughens the tooth to allow for a strong bonding process.
- A special cement is applied to the veneer and the veneer is then placed on your tooth. Once properly position on the tooth, your dentist will apply a special light beam to the dental veneer, which activates chemicals in the adhesive, causing it to harden or cure very quickly.
- The final steps involve removing any excess cement, evaluating your bite and making any final adjustments in the veneer as necessary.
Call us on 09-529 9273 to book a consultation today!